Photobucket

Chargers...uh...running back Darren Sproles...uh...uh....knows English...uh...uh...sort of.

3.15.2008

Lebron loves 17-year-olds

This is a bit of an old story, but last week, NBA's trophy boy Lebron James agreed to meet 17-year-old Anthony Erskine, the foolish fan who rushed onto the court during the final minutes of his spectacular performance in Madison Square Garden (check out the delayed blog!). Erskine, one of five million to be donning a James jersey that night, was arrested and banned from the Garden. According to the Daily News, Lebron's gay lover (who "dashed onto the hardwood to profess his twisted love") explained how he aptly "juked out" a security guard before mentioning that he was a member of the powerhouse Mount Vernon High basketball team.

Photobucket
"Sorry, you must be mistaken, Renaldo Balkman's on the other bench."

Poor Erskine, I definitely get a sense of a mature ambition when I read: "He said, 'I'm going right now, it's mandatory,' said Anthony's cousin Dakaari Denton, 12, whose mom had to pick him up after Anthony was arrested." Yep, that's right, his 12-year-old cousin stuck by his side just until he had to go to recess.

Now, I'm not a big fan of this...fan, and the fortunate ending to his story. I remember the days when running onto the court was accepted as crude and you would soon be knocked out by the likes of Jermaine O'Neal. But Erskine is definitely lucky that Lebron happens to be so gotdamn humble (so handsome, and just so talented) to meet a crazed high schooler with an eloquent little cousin. But I sort of admire Erskine's courage though, not even Wally Sczerbiak hasn't gathered up the cajones to meet "The King" yet.

So let me cut to the chase: at the next Timberwolves game, I hereby declare that I will be running onto the court to finally meet my idol Michael "Sugar Daddy" Doleac.

- K.H. (also has to run because my mom's picking me up)

No comments: