Photobucket

Chargers...uh...running back Darren Sproles...uh...uh....knows English...uh...uh...sort of.

3.26.2008

Gilbert Arenas living the most boring / most interesting life in the NBA

Photobucket
Please. Just vote for the man.

NBA class clown and 3-time All-Star Gilbert Arenas posted in his famed blog yesterday. However, whereas most of these NBA.com-sponsored blogs update on a player's thoughts about his stats and/or his video game career, Arenas (who will now be referred to as "Hibachi") lets his fans know how he spent his son's birthday:

My son's birthday party was a different story.
That was the bomb. I spent a total of $30.
I went to Safeway and bought him a nice little cake, and then I went to 31 Flavors and bought me a cake. I needed a little ice cream cake of my own.
Then I had Doritos in the house, and the milk and orange juice in the house. So snacks and beverages were covered.
Then I bought two lollipops, because if my son has a lollipop my daughter would want one too.
Then I bought a balloon without the string, because I couldn’t find somebody to put the string in.
And I bought one candle.
While we were singing “Happy Birthday,” my daughter was singing, “Happy Birthday to me,” even though it was her brother’s birthday.
“Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.”
I have a big deejay booth downstairs in my house and we had a lot of fun. I played music and they danced and they spilled and they ate everything.

As an amateur sports blogger, I think this is both hilarious and relieving. It's great knowing that even the most prominent athletes I write about get a kick out of the stupid stuff. Hibachi especially is well known for his dude-ness, let's-get-a-beer personality. And according to his blog, he enjoys shooting teammates with paintballs, "shaving down there," funding an children's internet cartoon, and spontaneously buying things from infomercials. I've also heard numerous stories of him bowling with fans who randomly approach him. Thus, since he is one of the few naturally cool guys in sports (which does not include Damon Jones), it's not much of a surprise to see stuff like this.

Or this.

Or even this.

- K.H. (Buys balloons without strings)

No comments: